[PLUG] "passive" HTML email reader

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Apr 30 18:46:46 UTC 2020

I've avoided/ignored HTML email for decades - way too many
opportunities for mischief.  However, most organizations use
it now.  While I am happy with "missing out" on many time-
wasting distractions, occasionally an HTML email comes in
that I really must read, a laborious process of looking at
the HTML code for nasties, and stripping the outbound links.

Is there a trustworthy HTML email reader, somewhat more
capable than w3m, which does this automatically, albeit
incompletely?

No script execution, zero offsite interactions, merely
displaying some vague graphic approximation of a page
made only from the emailed HTML document itself.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com