[PLUG] OT VLAN Setup between 2 Cisco switches

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:09:02 UTC 2020

OK, on the two SG200-50p units I have SPF port 50 on VLAN 2
(Actually 20 ) and ticked as [trunk] I have screen captures of the
two ends of the link and both fibre ends are marked [trunk]  I
had figured that from what I had read, the document above
made it very clear. I do not see ANY VLAN appearing on the
far end, even though SW 2 port 50 is in VLAN 2 and marked
as [trunk]. The interesting thing is if I unplug the other SPF
transceiver then the link will come up and I can reach the
equipment on VLAN 2 and also I get a DHCP assignment.
As soon as I plug the other SPF into port 49, the link to
VLAN 2 goes away, the SPF in port 49 connects to VLAN
1, and the connection is lost to VLAN 2 via SPF in port
50.

Wish I could attach the two screen captures here, so you
can see what I have, you will probably see something that
I am missing.