[PLUG] OT VLAN Setup between 2 Cisco switches

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:53:11 UTC 2020

> I do not see ANY VLAN appearing on the far end, even though SW 2 port 50
> is in VLAN 2

-- What exactly do you mean? That VLAN 2 is not in the configuration file
for this switch?

"The interesting thing is if I unplug the other SPF transceiver then the
link will come up and I can reach the
equipment on VLAN 2 and also I get a DHCP assignment. As soon as I plug the
other SPF into port 49, the link to
VLAN 2 goes away, the SPF in port 49 connects to VLAN 1, and the connection
is lost to VLAN 2 via SPF in port
50."

-- Can you please use more specific identifiers such as Switch A or Switch
2 instead of "far end" and "other SPF" so I can better understand what's
happening and where it's happening.

As for screen caps, you can just either post or email directly a copy &
text of the relevant vlan config info. That'd be a lot more useful.