[PLUG] Question on copying ntfs files and directories under linux

logical american website.reader3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 17:35:33 UTC 2020

Hi:

I booted up knoppix 8.6 as a standalone OS, in order to copy both linux
and windows partitions to a backup drive, but I am concerned that full
path information is being correctly copied for the ntfs files and
directories?

I am using the rsync command to back up the files/directories.

Do I assume everything is fine? The reason I am asking this question, is
I have seen abbreviated file path information "...." while watching the
copy under the -v option for verbose display while the copy operation is
in progress. Abbreviated file paths will not work when a restore is done
later on.

- Randall