[PLUG] PinePhone

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 22:47:36 UTC 2020

"It would be nice to not be tracked by Google."

Rich, if you dig a lil' bit deeper into and get a bit clearer about this,
you can do a lot to mitigate Google's or any other corporate tracking of
your online presence and offline activities.

1. Airplane mode - I keep my phone in airplane mode unless I'm using it or
expecting a call.

2. There are plenty of non-Google options for mail, search, Duck Duck
Go,Maps, Open Street Maps and the list goes on.

3. EFF's Self Defense Kit -  https://ssd.eff.org/
If you're not familiar with it and privacy, anonymity, security are
important to you, I'd highly spend some time getting familiar with it and
learning how to apply it to your online activities and your life.

I will tell you from first hand experience this is a fairly complicated
process because each person has there own needs and trade-offs they're
willing or unwilling to make. Initially, I  naively thought it was all
about using the right tools and many bloodied foreheads later, I learned
that it's more about being specific about what problems I was trying to
address, my online activities, how I live my life and what my tech needs
are.

There's no simple & quick fix here. I hope this is somewhat helpful.