[PLUG] PinePhone

Paul Tichy paul at spottedhorse.com
Mon Aug 10 19:36:37 UTC 2020

One other option I haven't tried yet is the "GloDroid" which claims to
be "A fully open source port of Android to the PinePhone".  Since I've
grown weary of Android, it hasn't held much interest for me. There
appear to currently be 17 different OS options for the PinePhone
(although many seem to be in early development or only a slight
variation from one of the other projects):

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePhone_Software_Releases

In the end, I'm happy with the PinePhone (especially the hardware, which
includes a removable battery, and supposedly can be disassembled with a
simple screwdriver -- no glue to deal with), and optimistic about the
continued progress on the software side.

Paul

--

Paul Tichy
Appaloosa Business Services, Incorporated

503.336.1388
www.spottedhorse.com
www.clickngobilling.com