[PLUG] question on converting ext3/ext4 file systems to btrfs

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Wed Aug 12 04:12:13 UTC 2020

Would you mind sharing your experience if you go this route? I tried
btrfs a few years back in my testing did not find it to be mature or
reliable enough to trust my data with and continued using OpenZFS. I
don't know if much has changed but I think the raid write-hole is still
a problem for btrfs. If I were you and your not doing anything fancy
where ext4 works for you I'd keep that. If you require fancy filesystem
features I'd use ZFS instead of btrfs. But please do let us know how
btrfs works for you.

--
 ____________________________________
/ The very remembrance of my former  \