[PLUG] YouTube spam filter

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Sat Aug 22 18:19:58 UTC 2020

Hello Keith,

Perhaps Invidious is what your looking for. It scrapes Youtube and
provides a non-bloated standard HTML web interface for Youtube. This
also has the effect of no ads not even video ads. Sometimes Google
blocks an instance to just move to another one. Here are some working
instances:

"invidious.snopyta.org","invidious.13ad.de","invidious.ggc-project.de","invidious.honeypot.im"

And here is a small userscript I made you can install with GreaseMonkey
to auto-replace any youtube links with an invidious link. It also works
on embeds.

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Clientside_Invidious_loadbalance
// @namespace   efegtrhrhtj
// @author	Tom
// @description Redirects youtube links to Invidious
// @include     *://www.youtube.com/*
// @include     *://www.youtube-nocookie.com/*
// @version     1.0.0
// @run-at	document-start
// ==/UserScript==

var currentUrl = document.location.href;
var urlArray = currentUrl.split("/");

var invidiousInstances = ["invidious.snopyta.org","invidious.13ad.de","invidious.ggc-project.de","invidious.honeypot.im"];
urlArray[2] = invidiousInstances[Math.floor(Math.random()*invidiousInstances.length)];
var newUrl = urlArray.join("/");
document.location.href = newUrl;

/ "Force is but might," the teacher       \
| said-- "That definition's just." The    |
| boy said naught but thought instead,    |
| Remembering his pounded head: "Force is |
\ not might but must!"                    /
\
 \
   /\   /\