[PLUG] Accessing printer from Virtual Box on a laptop [solved!]

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:28:24 UTC 2020

The solution was arrived at with the help of a friend at PSU. Here is a
summary:

Starting with the  printer already installed to print to a file, the
printer's properties dialog has a tab for ports.  Under ports I select add
new port.  I then enter the ip address of the printer and Windows
automatically fills in the port name by prepending IP_ to the ip address.
Mark that new port as selected, and the printer works.

The details of navigating the dialogs is likely specific to Windows 2000,
the guest, but maybe it will still be of use to someone else.

-Denis