[PLUG] New Computer - No Ethernet

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 03:18:47 UTC 2020

I had a similar one to this, I was setting up a NVR on Ubuntu
server. I would put a jump drive in the server and boot off of
it, all of the ethernet ports were visible, But the server install
would not see them. I started looking to see what was missing
ended up going into /etc/netplan/yadayada.yaml whatever name
it gives your .yaml file) and found it was empty I ended up
adding all of the needed bits and pieces and viola! there was
working ethernet ports (I only needed 2 of the 4 on the server
box) after I got the correct drivers in there I still had to add the
port stanzas to the .yaml file.