[PLUG] No sound

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Dec 18 22:32:03 UTC 2020

I'm getting no sound from one of my machines. I've tried plugging the
speakers into the green jack on the back, and into the headphone jack in
the front. The speakers work when plugged into another machine.

I opened the PulseAudio Volume Control and see the "VU" meter for
Firefox showing that there is sound. If I click on the mute button, that
VU meter stops indicating. Clicking the mute button again restores the
VU meter. Switching to the Output Devices tab I see Headphones (plugged
in) and another VU meter showing that the sound should be there.

Could something have gone wrong with the audio on the motherboard? It's
an ASUSTeK B85M-g.

Any recommendations on what to look for?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens