[PLUG] No sound

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Dec 18 23:56:45 UTC 2020

On 12/18/20 3:40 PM, Ken Stephens wrote:
> Dick,
>
> Another way to control sound is use your desktop menu and go to
> settings->sound and try the various settings.  Depends on the window
> manager menu.  But command line like Rich suggests is good, too.

My desktop menu has Settings->Multimedia, but not Settings->Sound.

In Multimedia I have Cheese, Parole Media Player, PulseAudio Volume
Control, Rhythmbox, Videos, and Xfburn. None of those (except PulseAudio
Volume Control) appear to have anything other than mute and volume
control, and those that play sound are all set to unmute and volume at a
level that should be heard.

Is it possible that the audio part of the motherboard gave up? Sounds
unlikely, but ...

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens