[PLUG] Wayland and Wayfire

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 30 18:26:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020, Ben Koenig wrote:

> I don't really have any ideas but I can offer some additional info based on
> the meson install on my system

Way off the thread's topic, but an interesting (to me) relevant point.

I just upgraded meson-0.55.3-x86_64-1_SBo because I upgraded python3 to
version 3.9.1 and had to rebuild all python3 packages against this new
version.

Since meson is a fast build system I was surprised to see that it requires
ninja, another fast build system. Makes me wonder why, but not enough to
spend time learning why one build system depends on another build system.