[PLUG] Web Security on Debian Buster...

michael at robinson-west.com michael at robinson-west.com
Sun Feb 9 02:38:14 UTC 2020

I'm having problems with step 3 at the following link:
https://docs.diladele.com/administrator_guide_stable/install/debian10/squid.html

The instructions show how to create a new set of apt packages or debs for squid that support sslbump.

The problem is, an error about signing comes up.  I don't remember this being a problem in Jessie, but it's definitely a problem in Buster.  Thing is, I'm not compiling a deb that is going to be given to other people at other sites.  This is
a local compile only of squid that can support Web Security.

If anyone knows how to get around the cannot sign these packages error, I'd appreciate the info.  Maybe there is a way to sign it as compiled by me and that would be the right thing to do...  but would that cost money???

     -- Michael C. Robinson