[PLUG] KDE application window resizing

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 19:13:50 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 13:49 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > * I am able to resize the window both horizontally and vertically to be
> > larger than minimal * kbibtex - sets min window size: 545x751 (WxH) - you
> > cannot make it smaller, but you can make it bigger.
>
> Tomas,
>
> Interesting. I want it smaller.
>
> > This is in line with long standing KDE min vertical screen size
> requirement
> > 800px.
>
> Well my display is 1280x1024 so it probably qualifies.
>
> > If your screen is smaller, and you cannot see the bottom of kbibtex
> window
> > - I suggest to run you kbibtex in a vnc session with bigger window size.
> > Example: vncserver -geometry 1920x1080 vncviewer :1 &
>
> Feh! The default font size is very small; at 1920x1080 it would probably be
> 2pt.

VNC geometry does not change your screen size or dpi. The font size would
not change, just the desktop area inside VNC window would be bigger.

Anyway, your screen fits the kbibtex window, so there is no problem to
solve - you can see and use the whole application window. The real problem
would be if your screen resolution is smaller than 751px + DE top/bottom
status bar - then you would not be able to access the bottom of the
application window and all its buttons/tabs/...