[PLUG] HP Laserjet Problems

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 04:38:22 UTC 2020

I have an HP Laserjet 2600n printer. This unit is about 14 years old. I
just put a new set of  HP toner cartridges in not too long ago. It has been
printing streaks on the left side of the page and ghost images on various
parts of the page for some time now. I thought it was related to low toner,
as a couple were empty. The new toner cartridges helped with the crispness,
but not the streaks. Now, everything is printing out light green instead of
black.  The left side is kind of a darker forest green that blends to a
kind of yellow green in the middle of the page, and back to a darker green
on the right side of the page.

For most of what I print, it's not really a big deal, but somethings really
do matter if the colors are right.

Still playing around, I just discovered it is a computer issue. My desktop
running Linux Mint exhibits the problem, however, my Windows 10 laptop
prints just fine (well, it still has streaks and ghosts, but the color is
proper).

Now I'm really confused. The only thing that has changed lately is my
network router, and all IP addresses have changed. Otherwise everything has
been the same for months.

Ideas appreciated.

Michael