[PLUG] Switches anyone... (OT)

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 18:27:47 UTC 2020

Folks,
I was given an ADTRAN NetVanta 1234 PoE 24 port administered switch.
One of the request of the donor was that I would remove any corporate
configuration files. I proceeded to do so IAW instructions setout by Adtran.

The next step is to upload a config file that makes it factory reset (the
next
version of this had the factory reset file hard burned into the machine this
one not so) Anyhow I have followed the instructions but still cannot get the
device to recognize the file.

Is anyone familiar with these devices? I figure that PLUG was the best place
to ask this question short of calling the manufacturer and not sure how far
will get there since the thing is I guess about 10 years old.

I am using minicom to talk to the console port, I invoke xmodem to upload
the file to the flash drive on the switch, then in minicom I start xmodem
it ask
for the file location, I give it that and it sends it. Tells me that it was
completed
Then I reboot the switch, it starts rebooting then tells me that the file
is no good.

I am going to use this to carry several PoE'd access points and security
cameras
each system on a separate VLAN. It has 4GB throughput each port is 100mb so
that is more than enough for the devices attached to it.  But uploading the
config
file is giving me heartburn.

Thank you in advance for any guidance given.

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.