[PLUG] XFCE Oddity: Moving files from the desktop to a folder on the desktop opens another folder.

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 19:53:15 UTC 2020

BTW, on XFCE your desktop is managed by a special Thunar window. It's
basically just your file manager running in a special mode so any
configuration options that are set in thunar will automatically apply to
how your desktop functions.

As far as the code is concerned, you are literally copy/pasting from one
Thunar window into another, even if it doesn't look like it. any
quirks/bugs/oddities should be common to all thunar windows, including the
desktop.