[PLUG] Network kaput

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun Feb 23 04:17:48 UTC 2020

My laptop computer can access the lan, but not the internet. My desktop
computer (on which I am writing this) still connects fine. On either
computer I can log into the router, and everything looks OK, except
that I have no idea what to look for.

I have tried every command I can think of, and no luck. The killer was
when I finally gave up trying to fix the laptop and just rebooted it -
only to discover that it still cannot reach the internet. Now I'm in
deep doodoo.

I must also add that just before this happened I disconnected the VPN
(Private Internet Access). Obviously I closed the app and even used top
to kill it completely, but no luck, I would uninstall it even except
that it was installed with a ,run script and I don't know how to
uninstall it. Nevertheless, it is pretty damning evidence that somehow
the VPN messed me up.

I'm dead in the water here. Any suggestions welcome!