[PLUG] Big Data Surplus (Surveillance Capitalism)

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 20:40:36 UTC 2020

So if your intent is to choose a different path, without google, start by
brainstorming the pros and cons of leaving. How will your life be made
better? How will your life be made worse? Until you objectively analyze
each available option, you wont be able to make a decision. Repeat for each
option on the table.

And I'll put this out there in plain english: Age and Experience have no
relevance in the brainstorming or troubleshooting process. EVERYTHING goes
onto the table before you start crossing them off the list.

You've spent the last 30 years being told what to think about technology.
Step 1 is to re-learn how to think. Last year I started on Step 2, but I
dont want to throw the idea in someones face if they arent ready for it.