[PLUG] Big Data Surplus (Surveillance Capitalism)

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 03:07:13 UTC 2020

> The data collection we should be concerned about is at a level LOWER than
> what we can see. This essentially means that it exists beneath the service
> level. Mail, Storage, these are services, and are no longer where
> collection efforts are focused. The algorithms are working at a platform
> level, monitoring behavior patterns that we implement autonomously. Google
> doesn't want your waking thoughts, they want your subconscious habit and
> muscle memory.

It's hard to articulate and to remember! Thanks for bringing this back on
point, where it started.

And the "platform level" is what I'm most concerned about b'cuz as I use
many of big G's services it's the data trail between services that provides
some very rich information on my day to day online & offline activities,
decisions and choices.