[PLUG] ProtonMail was: Surveillance Capitalism

Chris Case ccase01 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:48:15 UTC 2020

I've had a Protonmail account (paid) since they started.  Encryption aside,
it's nice to just have an account where your emails are not being read to
serve up custom advertising. The problem with Protonmail is although they
are in Switzerland the U.S. Can still seize theur servers due to Verisign
being a U.S. company.  To address this they offer a .ch address.  This
avoicds the .com domain issue entirely.  In addition they offer the .me
which is located in Montenegro -NOT subject to U.S. courts.  This is the
one I have.  If you are looking at getting a Protonmail account, seek a .ch
or .me.