[PLUG] USB C hub with ethernet

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Tue Jan 14 20:41:20 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm working on a design where I'm considering changing from a standard A
host connector to a type C connector.  The signalling is USB 2.0, and
will remain at that speed (my host processor doesn't support speeds
above 2.0).

I optionally need ethernet in my design, so I've been looking at various
USB C hubs that integrate ethernet, and I'm curious as to what chip(s)
is being used in these hubs.  Here's an example:
<https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerexpand--5in1-usbc-ethernet-hub/A83380A1>

If you're using something like this and you have the time, I'd be
curious to see the output from the lsusb command.

thanks,
galen
--
Galen Seitz