[PLUG] Linux printing (again)

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Jan 23 06:00:42 UTC 2020

Has anyone bought a color laser jet printer recently that they like and
that works well? I had a family member recently make a quite reasonable
request to print something on the family color ink jet, an HP 932C, one I
have had for A LONG TIME, and that is barely used. Turns out, the only
color that would come out of the HP 78 ink cartridge was blue. The deadline
was pressing, and I was almost about to run out to the local gouger office
supply store until I found that: a) they were now $70+ for a genuine HP ink
cartridge, and b) they seemed to be discontinued. Other offers were
available for nearly $100. HOLY BAT GUANO!

I can get a refurb (this printer pre-dates chipped cartridges) for closer
to $20, which is on order,and I think we're going to the FedEx/Kinko's
self-serve tonight, but, but  ... I would consider buying another printer
if there is good linux support and where consumables for very low usage is
not going to make me have to sell a kidney.  Does anyone have
recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

--
Russell Senior