[PLUG] Connecting UPS to desktop

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 26 18:58:49 UTC 2020

I've an old APC SmartUPS-1400 with an RS-232 serial port on the rear and I
want to get it working with the new desktop server/workstation.

I have ...
- a cable with an old masking tape label 'UPS' that has a female DB9 on
one end and an RJ-45 plug on the other end,
- a Dynex DX-UBDB9 male DB9 to USB2 type A plug on the other end of the
cable,
- an adapter for male DB9 to USB (black plastic; version 1?),
- and a cable with a USB2 male on one end and an RJ-45 plug on the other
end.

Is there a way to use any of these or should I buy a newer backup power
supply?