[PLUG] Connecting UPS to desktop [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 26 23:45:51 UTC 2020

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I've an old APC SmartUPS-1400 with an RS-232 serial port on the rear and I
> want to get it working with the new desktop server/workstation.

After thinking more about this and that this UPS is >20 years old I decided
to replace it. Other than the LJ5 (vintage 1997) I've upgraded everything
else on the network so a new UPS is not out of line.

Went back to refurbups.com (where I bought the one I have) and ordered a
refurbished APC SmartUPS 1500 (SUA) for $200. The shipping is 45% of the
purchase price but Amazon wants >$400 for the same unit.

So, if anyone wants an older APC SmartUPS-1400 let me know, otherwise it
goes to FG. (Dust bunnies will be removed.)