[PLUG] File is there, but not there?

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 22:10:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 2:02 PM wes <plug at the-wes.com> wrote:

> There is not actually an asterisk at the end of this file name; the -F flag
> to ls presents this to help identify executable files.
>
> The "No such file" error likely originates from a shared library this
> particular binary is trying to call.
>
> try ldd linbpq
>
> -wes

Looks like Wes may be on to something here.

michael at Desk4:~/ham_stuff/linbpq$ ldd linbpq
not a dynamic executable

Not sure I understand what that means.  Here is the part of the install
script that created this file:

mkdir linbpq
cd linbpq
wget -nv http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/Beta/$LINBPQ -O
linbpq
chmod +x linbpq

For "everyone else" , this "just works". Once the script runs that installs
this file and associated config files, they say to run
./linbpq
and the app runs, period.

For me, not so much.

Michael