[PLUG] Brasero says CD/DVD only...

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 05:40:50 UTC 2020

On 7/10/20 10:10 AM, michael at robinson-west.com wrote:
> I have an LG M disk burner and a disc it should be able to burn that is 100G capacity. Brasero tells me to please replace the disc with a supported CD or DVD.
> The drive is definitely a BDXL drive capable of burning up to 128 gig disks. Is there a known workaround for burning BDXL disks in CentOS 8?
>
>  -- Michael Robinson

It matters not what the hardware can do if you do not install the
correct software.

You have to set up brasero (a GUI front end) with the correct CLI
backend to be able to create blu-ray discs (Bd) - and the appropriate
file system. Here I use K3B with cdrtools and growisofs.  I'm not
familiar with what CentOS has available in their repositories or
installed by default.  IIRC, few linux distributions install by default
software that can create and burn BD.

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_disc_image_software

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning