[PLUG] Points on a map

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon Jul 13 06:35:29 UTC 2020

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Barnes <barnmichael at gmail.com> writes:

Michael> Here's an interesting challenge. First, I am not a programmer,
Michael> but I can sometimes piece stuff together and modify to make it
Michael> work.

Michael> I have seen these on other web pages and they seem like they
Michael> should be simple enough. I have a document file with about 200
Michael> locations nationwide.  Each location has s site number and an
Michael> address and description of the location. What I would like to
Michael> do is have a web page with a map I can zoom in on with a dot
Michael> for each location. Clicking on the dot brings up a small box
Michael> with the site number, name, and a link to the
Michael> description. Clicking on the link brings up a new window with
Michael> the paragraph describing the site details.

Michael> Maybe there is some kind of service I can incorporate for this?
Michael> It will be very low volume and out of my pocket, so Open Source
Michael> or otherwise free is nice.

Another option would be something like D3:

  https://d3js.org/

Check out the examples.

--
Russell Senior, President