[PLUG] PLUG Digest, Vol 190, Issue 20

ididthehawaiifalsemissilealarm at vivaldi.net ididthehawaiifalsemissilealarm at vivaldi.net
Fri Jul 24 23:16:15 UTC 2020

Hi Galen. If you have a spare smartphone lying around, many applications
exist which do exactly this. Unfortunately, my experience was years ago
so I can't remember any names. Obviously I'd be real careful not to
accidentally download malware of such a type, so if I were you I'd
download F-Droid to a spare phone and search for such an application.
However, I should point out that streaming video from a phone not only
causes it to use battery life as though it were a button cell cluster
powering a tablet but also causes it to overheat fairly frequently.
These should be no big issues for anyone with a fair bit of creativity
and determination, so I won't bother writing paragraphs of ideas :)