[PLUG] recommendations for a usb wireless adapter

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:13:26 UTC 2020

On 7/7/20 10:07 PM, Smith, Cathy wrote:
> Can some recommend a WiFi usb adapter that is compatible with Ubuntu?
>
> I have a Dell workstation that I want run Ubuntu.  The nearest ethernet port is 2 rooms away.   Using a wireless adapter would be easier than stepping over an ethernet cable.  The workstation belongs to my employer, so buying a NIC card is not worth the money.  I tried to use a Linksys AC600 WiFi adapter but I couldn't find a driver.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Cathy
> --
> Cathy L. Smith
> IT Engineer

one yet, or for anyone else:

Netgear A6210  AC1200 USB 3.0

avialable on newegg and amazon

Models with and without USB cable.  I like the one with the cable since
you then place the antenna in a better spot than sticking out of a front
or rear USB port.

Works here OOTB Slackware64-current (15.0 dev). Uses mt76x2u module
(MediaTek chipset).

-Ed