[PLUG] Jitsi will not unmute microphone [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 30 15:01:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020, King Beowulf wrote:

> I'd check the following
> 1. mute switch on headset?

Ed,

Yes, this was checked.

> 2. Disable microphone permissions in browser? Left of the URL, is there
> a microphone icon crossed out?

I've not looked for a microphone icon on the address line. However, ...
this morning I checked firefox's settings. The camera setting setting had
the meet.jit.si site displayed as allowed while the microphone setting was
blank.

I tried entering the URL in the search bar but that did nothing. Couldn't
enter it in the bottom window, either. Exited preferences.

I just plugged in the Logitech headset and opened the jitsi meeting URL in a
new tab. Firefox asked me if I wanted to accept the Logitech H570e
microphone and have it automatically recognized and accepted. I told the
browser to go ahead and do this.

Yesterday the headset was plugged in before I opened the meeting URL in a
tab but it didn't recognize the headset then. The only difference is that
today I futzed with the microphone settings before connecting the headset
and opening the meeting URL in a new tab. Go figure.

I'll see if it works the next time I set up a trial meeting on meet.jit.si.

Chromium has both camera and microphone recognized at meet.jit.si so I will
probably use this browser for meetings. Sigh.

Thanks very much.

Stay well,