[PLUG] Jitsi will not unmute microphone [RESOLVED...Partially]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 30 20:29:28 UTC 2020

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I'll see if it works the next time I set up a trial meeting on meet.jit.si.

> Chromium has both camera and microphone recognized at meet.jit.si so I will
> probably use this browser for meetings. Sigh.

Interesting experience.

Chromium is set to recognize meet.jit.si for both camera and microphone. But
just now I opened a meeting page and the microphone on the headset was
muted. Clicking the button to unmute it did nothing.

Back to firefox. As soon as I opened that meeting page the microphone was
recognized. So, now firefox looks happy with jitsi.

What might I do with the chromium settings? Now they're displaying these:

Camera
Allow: https://meet.jit.si:443

Microphone
Allow: https://meet.jit.si:443

Is it the page number that is too specific? If so, can I specify allowing
both video and audio to allow meet.jit.si regardless of the page there?