[PLUG] Hardware troubleshooting: Yamaha headset

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 3 16:01:12 UTC 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Jason Barnett wrote:

> If your cellphone has a headphone jack, you could try plugging it into
> that and make a call. If it works properly then the headset and cord are
> fine and you need to troubleshoot your computer. If it doesn't work
> properly, then the cord or headphones are faulty.

Jason,

I have an adapter for the landline phone's headset that allows its use with
cellphones so I could try that. Or, connect it to the Panasonic cordless
handset on a call.

I assume that voices on video conferences and phone calls are monaural but
should still be heard through both sides of the headphones.

Thanks,