[PLUG] Using meet.jit.si

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:39:25 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020, 15:23 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
>
> > Bunch of us are meeting weekly on meet.jit.si for 2+ months - it works
> > great for all of us, using Google chrome, chromium and Firefox running on
> > Ubuntu, openSuse, macOS, chromeOS and Android. All Linux usage is
> > pulseAudio configured through pavucontrol - that is how we resolved
> > initial setup issues amongst us.
>
> Tomas,
>
> I assumed there should be no problem and that's why I don't understand why
> I'm seeing issues here. Firefox won't connect to meet.jut.si
> (mozilla-firefox-68.9.0esr). Chromium and Google Chrome do.

No idea what versions we use - probably recent - it has never came up as
issue - I update about weekly if I remember.

> > So far meet.jit.si has been great for us. It needs Intel core CPU or
> > better and full battery on Android. Intel atom CPU was not enough to work
> > properly.
>
> Oh, so it won't work with AMD processors?

Why would you say that? It should - I have no idea why it should not - we
do not have one amongst ourselves. It works on ARM in chromeOS and Android.

> > A) Your left ear headset problems would indicate that you are using wrong
> > audio jack or adapter.
>
> Excuse me. There is a single, green outlined jack on both the front and
> rear
> panels. What is wrong with that jack?

What are you talking about - green jack? My jack is black on all headphones
I had ever owned. I suppose Apple headphones would be white - color of the
plastic should make no difference. It has 4 contacts - standard headset -
one is ground, 2 for stereo out, 1 is dynamic microphone. I assume it is
dynamic mic, condenser mic would need phantom power - that is different
kind of animal - not cheap.

My devices have dark, presumably black hole for the headphone 3.5mm jack.