[PLUG] Using meet.jit.si

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 3 23:45:52 UTC 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, Ben Koenig wrote:

> Is jitsi working sans audio?

Ben,

Yes.

> Can you do a screenshare or anything like that?

Difficult to do with only me in the meeting.

> I'd like to see what your pavucontrol settings look like with my own eyes
> and doublecheck alsamixer.

Look at the message to which you're responded. Alsamixer, with headset
plugged in shows two bars for Front Mi, the left one is completely off, the
right one is set at 53%.

> I've run into all kinds of mic related problems and I've yet to run into
> one that I cannot fix via pavucontrol and alsamixer.

Now alsamixer has all front mic panels set to 100%. Chrome connects to
meet.jit.si and I hear a humming in the left headphone, but clicking the
audio button on the bottom of the page still produces the same message about
not being able to connect.

> My work day officially ends at 5pm. At 5:30 I can have jitsi installed we
> can walk through the pulse settings for obscure configuration issues.

No need to install jitsi; that's only for hosting a server on your system.
Connect to https://meet.jit.si/ and you're shown a screen to enter a meeting
name.

Let's set up something for tomorrow. You can create a meeting, set a
password, then mail me the URL (https://meet.jit.si/<meeting_name>) and a
time tomorrow.

I'll see if the jitsi community has any insights and if anyone on LQ has
some thoughts.

Regards,