[PLUG] Using meet.jit.si

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 00:44:59 UTC 2020

Rich - Just to set the table for future troubleshooting, I noticed the only
thing consistent in all your emails is you're only getting faulty audio
through the left channel with mp3 playback through Audacity, and
RingCentral Test con-call.

Thus far you can't verify basic functionality of the headset. That's a real
problem because the problem could be in the headset, the soundcard/ports or
in the audio software subsystem alsamixer/pulseaudio.

My very naive understanding is that Pulseaudio is a "wrapper" and doesn't
talk directly to hardware. In the past when I had uudio issues with Debian,
I always went straight to alsamixer.

Here's a link to the troubleshooting manual for ALSA. I found some
interesting and potentially helpful information there regarding capturing
and setting default devices and audio quality. I'd take a look through it
and if you don't feel comfortable digging into stuff and running the
commands on your own, perhaps you and Ben can run through some of them
together.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture/Troubleshooting#Crackling_sound_through_mini-jack_.28headphones_connector.29