[PLUG] Hardware troubleshooting: Yamaha headset

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:54:20 UTC 2020

A few more interesting tidbits of info I found that may help or might
complicate troubleshooting.

-- From a review of the Asus motherboard's audio system:

"When recording an audio sample, with the microphone boost option enabled,
the audio sample playback was clear and relatively distortion-free. With
the option disabled, we got a barely audible sample. Although, to its
credit, there wasn’t any perceivable distortion there."

Michael Barnes mentioned HAM users giving this headset good reviews. On
this ham radio forum, https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=7494 ,there
are 2 comments regarding the microphone, one states poor mic performance
and the other one talks about problems with the min jack connectivity
issues and rewiring it.