[PLUG] Net meetings and keyboard/mouse visibility

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:15:44 UTC 2020

> The computer my wife uses for net meetings and patient e-visits has a
> camera with a field of view limited to her head and shoulders, and a simple
> curtain behind.

Your wife's company and her patients have much bigger concerns if all the
data being exchanged between her and her patients isn't strongly encrypted
and her computer isn't on it's own ip subnet behind a firewall without any
non-essential and approved applications installed and she doesn't have any
administrative privileges.

This was pretty much the HIPPA standard 15 years ago when I was working at
one of the first hospitals in the country to implement a digital health
record and patient care system.