[PLUG] Net meetings and keyboard/mouse visibility

Jason Barnett jason.barnett71 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:38:32 UTC 2020

That is not true during this pandemic though. The underlining, in the
excerpt below, is mine.
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/emergency-preparedness/notification-enforcement-discretion-telehealth/index.html

During the COVID-19 national emergency, which also constitutes a nationwide
public health emergency, covered health care providers subject to the HIPAA
Rules may seek to communicate with patients, and provide telehealth
services, through remote communications technologies.  Some of* these
technologies,* and *the manner in which they are used *by HIPAA covered
health care providers, may not fully comply with the requirements of the
HIPAA Rules.

*OCR will exercise its enforcement discretion and will not impose penalties
for noncompliance *with the regulatory requirements under the HIPAA Rules
against covered health care providers in connection with the good faith
provision of telehealth during the COVID-19 nationwide public health
emergency.  This notification is effective immediately.