[PLUG] Xubuntu phantom volumes

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Jun 5 04:35:42 UTC 2020

On 6/4/20 7:07 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 16:19:58 -0700
> Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> dijo:
>
>> How does one kill thunar. Thunar doesn't appear in ps ax.
> I usually use the GUI Task Manager, located in Accessories or System.
> Failing that I use top and look for Thunar's PID. (There's a way to get
> the PID directly from the command line, but I forget.) Once you have
> Thunar's PID do 'kill -9  <PID#>.'

I found it in Task Manager in System, a tool I was unaware of. So, even
though this issue is a curiosity, I learned something new.

I did shut down Thunar. It disappeared from Task Manager. The icon did
not go away. I restarted Thunar by clicking on a link I have to open the
tool. The icon is still there. I'll probably do a restart one of these
days and see the icon go away.

Thanks for teaching me about a new (to me) tool.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens