[PLUG] Using meet.jit.si

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:51:13 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 4:36 PM Mike C. <mconnors1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know I shouldn't dare to challenge the almighty Linux GOD as he will
> likely unleash his wrath on me as he's been prone to do with  other PLUG
> members in the past and recently with his vitriolic rant of Ubuntu.
>
> IMHO, I've found the 1st steps in troubleshooting hardware problems are:
>
> 1. Software detection of the hardware. Firstly at the OS layer and then
> secondly at the application layer.
>
> 1A. The correct driver is installed.
>
> 1B. If there are multiple devices such as speakers, microphones, printers,
> etc checking which device is selected and/or set to the default.
>
> But the real step #1 is correctly identifying the problem. Rich's thread
> started with a video con call test that resulted in only hearing audio
> through the left channel and then went from there to webcam mic vs headset
> mic detection in pulseaudio, web browsers, Jitsi and screen sharing in
> Jitsi. Did I miss any other problems???

Yes, you forgot to try a reboot, among other things.

The rate at which give advice has an inverse relationship with the quality
of your advice. The dumber your suggestions are, the more you offer them.

You could have stepped back, watched and learned but instead you ramped up
your attempts to help even when you clearly had nothing to offer.

When challenged, you cried about your opinions. A well known tactic
employed by sociopaths to distract and divide. I don't think its a
coincidence that you become very aggressive in offering help when one of
the slackware users asks for advice. Its an attempt to promote
misinformation and cause social chaos.

You and several others engaged in a coordinated attempt to disrupt
communication and prevent a meaningful conversation. Care to provide an
alternate explanation for your glaring stupidity?