[PLUG] Distro Flamewar!

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:19:30 UTC 2020

Your choice of words made it sound sarcastic. I've not heard "Dense" used
in a positive connotation, so referring to yourself in that way can be seen
as a sarcastic insult, like saying someone has a thick skull or just
calling them a retard. Bad choice of words on the internet.

Here is a quote from this list, A direct attack on my character by another
PLUG member:
<quote>
I know I shouldn't dare to challenge the almighty Linux GOD as he will
likely unleash his wrath on me as he's been prone to do with  other PLUG
members in the past and recently with his vitriolic rant of Ubuntu.
</quote>

Another tried to suggest that slackware is not a mainstream distro. False,
Slackware is binary compatible with both centos and debian. Ecluding
systemd, all other dependencies are present and accounted for. In fact many
of these chat apps like Teams and RingCentral are repacked from the RPM or
DEB to be used on Slackware without recompiling.
<quote>
D) nothing against slackware - seriously - get vanilla Ubuntu installed on
one of the spare devices to gain experience with well supported mainstream
distro first. It will calibrate your expectations of what can work and how.
</quote>

If I suggested that you install Slackware as a solution to the problem I'd
probably get a backlash from several people here. But there appears to be a
double standard where ubuntu is held above all other distros. I suppose we
can test that theory.
-Ben