[PLUG] Lineage of early programmers

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Jun 8 21:30:23 UTC 2020

On 6/7/20 2:21 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I've been retired for over a decade.
> Back in mid-60's to early 70's I read an article on where potential
> programmers were found in 40's and 50's. *BEFORE* Comp Sci degrees ;}.
>
> Evidently classically trained musicians were one good source as as part
> of their heritage was compositions that, though original, relied on a
> formal structure.
>
> Anyone here old enough to have come across such a reference.

Sorry, no reference to musicians here, but this is a great article about
early women programmers.  That the cover photo includes a Tektronix
scope is just a bonus.

<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/magazine/women-coding-computer-programming.html>

Keith, can you identify that Tek equipment?

galen
--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com