[PLUG] resolution of a wandering clock time

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sat Jun 20 16:38:57 UTC 2020

I had a recent problem of my systems with wandering time. This was the
result of using kernel version 5.7.3 on a VPS system.  One of my two
systems upgraded fine. The other one not so well.

I use Arch Linux and the way to upgrade is to run the command
  # pacamn -Syu

Answer yes a time or two, and you've upgraded.  Only this time with a
wandering clock it could not even resolve the mirrors in order to
proceed.

I opened a ticket with Arch. And, WOW, they were responsive. It seems
like I had a reply and suggestions for what to do within 15 minutes. You
can read the thread here:

  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1911324#p1911324

I never, ever got support like that while working. Not from any place we
bought stuff from. And they were not closed on the weekend.

If you are considering changing your distribution, I give Arch Linux a
high recommendation.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity