[PLUG] Increasing size of VirtualBox vdi...

michael at robinson-west.com michael at robinson-west.com
Mon Jun 22 16:02:29 UTC 2020

I need to increase the size of a Virtualbox virtual disk from 30GB to at least 80GB. The virtual machine is named wrong too, I called it WIndows 7 Porfessional.
I choose dynamically sized when I built the virtual machine. Trying to defrag the file in the guest, but there's less than 1 gig free.

Can I change the virtual machine's name from ...Porfessional to ...Professional? Do I rename the directory and all the files or does it take more than that?

I'm also needing to use my webcam, a Logitech HD 615C. I recall needing to do vboxmanage host side with some curious arguments to connect the camera
to the running guest. Will I need to invoke vboxmanage in the future right after boot of the guest?