[PLUG] Xsane cannot communicate with scanner

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 22 23:11:10 UTC 2020

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, King Beowulf wrote:

> The only printer/scanner company that I know of that explicitly supports
> Linux is HP.

Ed,

I believe that Epson also explicitly supports linux.

> The list contains several Scanjet models that work with HPLIP.

I'll look at these.

> Or opt for one if the multifunction printers: buy a scanner and get a
> printer for free!

I already have two printers: the LJ5 and the Dell/Xerox color laser. Don't
need another one. And space is limited here so size matters. What's a bit
frustrating is that Canon provides the scangearmp2 software for linux as
well as windows and macos.

Thanks for the information,