[PLUG] Registration to Gandi, DNS to rimuhosting

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Mar 13 23:54:44 UTC 2020

FYI:

I've transferred quite a few name registrations to
gandi.net.  Mike Beattie in New Zealand is taking over
dirvish, and I transferred those registrations to him.

gandi.net also provides free certs.  I should learn how
to set those up;  I'm not sure whether one IP address can
serve multiple certified domains.  I might need to purchase
extra IP addresses from rimuhosting, $1/month each.

I will cancel the linode instance, and move all that to the
rimuhosting instance.  Rimuhosting can also do all the DNS
for those domains, including the dynamic DNS process.

For upgrading the distro at rimuhosting, I will build a
second instance with the newer distro there, get it
working, then shut down the older instance.  I can purchase
some configuration support from rimuhosting if needed.

All the eggs into one basket ... with backups and recovery
plans.  I hope to complete by the end of the month.

----

In other news, we are mostly self-isolating here; not going
out much, not having many visitors.  The next few months of
COVID-19 will be a wild ride.  If Shara's 101yo father has
problems, we will travel east to help, and might wear
isolation suits on the plane.  TSA will love that.

Take care of yourself.  Soap and improved hygiene reduce
risks.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com