[PLUG] xsane cannot find device, diagnoistic help needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 17 15:57:37 UTC 2020

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Tomas Kuchta wrote:

> This maybe sounds too basic.
> Did you try to unplug and re-plug the scanner and reboot after building
> sane?

Tomas,

The scanner was replugged but the only time I reboot the server/workstation
is after a kernel upgrade.

> Reasoning - USB devices are created at plug-in/detection event. Installing
> a module could disrupt that.

The same versions of sane and xsane were re-installed.

> If yes, do you need scanner group membership to access the scanner. If
> yes, and you add yourself to the correct group, do not forget to logout
> for that to take effect.

Nope. My backup is scangearmp2-3.70-1 and it works. Xsane worked a couple of
months ago and I checked by LQ thread on the problem but didn't post the
actual solution.

The sane supported devices page shows the CanoScan LiDE 400 completely
supported with pixma-0.27.0 and I have -0.34.0 installed.

Thanks,