[PLUG] Top for disk activity?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Mar 21 00:05:06 UTC 2020

On 3/20/20 11:07 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2020, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> Is there a tool similar to top that will show me what is accessing my
>> disk drive?
>
> Dick,
>
> Perhaps one of these?
>
> <https://www.opsdash.com/blog/disk-monitoring-linux.html>

Thanks. Some interesting stuff that I'll fiddle with more later.

I wrote this reply after installing several of the tools referenced.
That was at 11:25 AM, 3/20. When I tried to send it I got an error message:

Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because teh
connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) dicksteffens.com was lost in the
middle of the transaction. Try again..

Turns out StableHost was having server issues in Phoenix, so this didn't
go out then. As of 15:20, the problem still exists.

It's now 17:04 and my email service is back up.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens